Home » Laurence Rapp-led Vukile raises $18.9 million for deals in Spain and South Africa

Laurence Rapp-led Vukile raises $18.9 million for deals in Spain and South Africa

South African business executive Laurence Rapp emphasizes strategic importance of capital raise for growth initiatives

by Mfonobong Nsehe
Laurence Rapp

Vukile Property Fund Limited, a Johannesburg-based property fund led by South African business executive, Laurence Rapp, has successfully concluded a capital-raising initiative, securing R1 billion ($18.9 million) in equity.

The move is aimed at fortifying the fund’s balance sheet, providing it with increased financial flexibility for potential acquisitions in both South Africa and Spain. 

This strategic maneuver is expected to augment Vukile’s financial agility, enabling it to capitalize on a promising pipeline of growth opportunities across its target markets. This comes on the heels of a prosperous accelerated book build, wherein the property fund will issue $18.9 million worth of new ordinary shares.

South African business executive Laurence Rapp, emphasizes strategic importance of capital raise for growth initiatives

In a statement regarding the recent development, Laurence Rapp, CEO of Vukile Property Fund, highlighted the significance of the capital raise within the context of the fund’s overarching growth strategy.

“As part of Vukile’s ongoing growth strategy, we have identified and are evaluating an attractive pipeline of financially accretive, strategically aligned direct property acquisition opportunities in both South Africa and Spain,” Rapp stated.

He further explained that in the current market, characterized by fragmented pricing and a premium on certainty and execution speed, the capital infusion positions Vukile to act decisively, underpinned by a strong balance sheet and increased funding flexibility.

Proactive asset management under Laurence Rapp boosts Vukile’s portfolio performance

Vukile Property Fund, under the leadership of Rapp, has emerged as a leading specialist retail real estate investment trust (REIT) with a robust presence in both South Africa and Spain.

Leveraging a specialized growth strategy focused on dominant retail assets, the fund has amassed a diverse portfolio valued at approximately R40 billion ($2.11 billion), with 40 percent allocated to South Africa and the remaining 60 percent to Spain.

With Rapp at the helm, Vukile’s South African and Spanish portfolios have consistently delivered commendable results, underscored by proactive asset management initiatives aimed at unlocking inherent value within the property portfolio.

As Vukile Property Fund continues to navigate the intricacies of the real estate sector, the recent capital raise stands as a testament to the fund’s commitment to strategic expansion and value creation in key markets.

You may also like


The world’s premier source of news on Africa’s billionaires and UHNWIs.


Get the daily email to stay informed about African billionaires and UHNWIs. Get informed and entertained, for free.

Latest News

@2024 – Billionaires.Africa. All Rights Reserved.