In the dynamic realm of global mining, one name stands out as a beacon of leadership and innovation: Neal Froneman.
As the CEO and executive director of Sibanye Stillwater, a renowned precious metals mining company with a vast international presence, Froneman has cemented his position as a leading figure in the mining sector.
With an unwavering focus on strategic decision-making, Froneman’s reputation in the mining community is one of utmost respect. His exceptional leadership prowess has steered Sibanye Stillwater to new heights and earned him the Vice President role at the Chamber of Mines of South Africa.
Holding a 0.3-percent stake valued at nearly $15 million in the precious metal mining group, Froneman’s influence extends far and wide.
As a true visionary, his abilities span across industries, evident in his leadership positions in several companies, ranging from mining to forestry and marine ventures.
As Froneman’s influence reaches far beyond mining, he leverages his expertise and business acumen to drive growth and prosperity across various sectors, Billionaires.Africa has identified five companies linked to Froneman:
- Sibanye-Stillwater: Sibanye-Stillwater is a leading multinational mining company specializing in platinum group metals (PGMs) with mines in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and the United States. The group also operates gold and base metals in Southern Africa and the Americas. The company’s mines are located in Montana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Ontario, Canada. Froneman holds a 0.3-percent stake in Sibanye-Stillwater.
- Lonmin Plc: In 2019, Sibanye-Stillwater acquired Lonmin. Froneman indirectly held a stake in Lonmin through his role at Sibanye-Stillwater. Lonmin Plc, previously known as Lonrho Plc, was a British company that mined platinum group metals in South Africa’s Bushveld Complex. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange, with its registered office in London and operational headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Durban Roodepoort Deep Limited: Froneman spearheaded the acquisition of Sibanye-Stillwater’s stake in DRDGOLD, a South African gold producer specializing in metal recovery from surface tailings. The company is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
- Delview Three (Pty) Ltd.: Delview Three is a South African company with a strong presence in various sectors. As a member of its board, Froneman plays a key role in guiding the company’s strategic decisions, leveraging his vast experience and expertise to contribute to its success.
- The Wits Foundation: Froneman extends his impact beyond the business realm as a dedicated member of The Wits Foundation Board. His involvement in this esteemed organization reflects his commitment to supporting education and empowering future generations.